Spicy Level: Moderate
Gaeng Phed (in Thai) or Red Curry is one of the popular Thai dishes. It consists of red curry paste cooked in coconut milk and added with meat; such as chicken, beef, pork, duck or vegetarian protein source such as tofu. This authentic spicy coconut milk based red curry uses Red Curry Paste and flavored with fresh sweet basil leaves as well as fish sauce.
|Choice of Proteins
||Fresh long chili
||Spring Bamboo Shoots
||Red curry sauce
- Wash and cut bamboo shoots into chunk
- Wash and remove basil leaves from the stem.
- Wash and slice fresh long chili thin,lengthwise.
- Wash and cut Purple Eggplant into chunk
- Wash and cut ends of a whole stings beans,and cut beans into shorter lengths
- Wash and cut into bite size of Meat (Chicken , Beef)
*To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail.Devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper).Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
*Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over meduim heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown on each side.Remove the tofu from the wok and set them asideon a seperate plate lined with the paper towels.
- Pour the green curry sauce
- Add Meats or Proteins ,stirring to incorperte .When the curry sauce comes to
- a boil, reduce heat to meduim or meduim-low and simmer 5minutes, or until meats is cooked through.Stir occasionally. Add purple eggplant ,Fresh long chilis , plus stripe kaffir lime leaf .
- Simmer until vegetables are cooked to your like. Serve with Rice on the side.Top each portion with Fresh basil.