Spicy Level: Mild
Panang curry is a type of Thai red curry that is thick, salty and sweet, with a nutty peanut flavor. Panang is a mild curry, however, if preferred, could be spicy with additional red chilies. A popular panang curry dish is beef Panang. For vegetarians and vegans, there are vegetarian/vegan alternatives for shrimp paste called kapi chae in Thai, and the fish sauce can be substituted with a strong vegetable stock or soy sauce. Tofu can be used in place of meat. In Thailand, this curry is usually eaten with rice.
|Choice of Proteins
||Fresh long chili
|Rack of Lamb
||Panang Curry Sauce
- Wash and slice fresh long chili thin,lengthwise.
- Wash and pick kaffir lime leaves by tearing the center stems from the leaves, and shredded
- Wash and cut ends of a whole stings beans,and cut beans into shorter lengths.
- Wash and trim off the stem of snow peas,and remove the "String"
- Wash and cut into bite size of Meat (Chicken , Beef)
*To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper).Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
*Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over medium heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown on each side.Remove the tofu from the wok and set them aside on a separate plate lined with the paper towels.
- A pot over medium heat
- Pour the green curry sauce
- Add Meats or Proteins ,stirring to incorporate .When the curry sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium or medium-low and simmer 5 minutes, or until meats is cooked through.Stir occasionally.
- Add vegetables ,Fresh long chilies , plus shredded kaffir lime. Simmer until vegetables are cooked to your like
- Serve with Rice on the side.Top each portion with shredded kaffir lime