Spicy Level: Spicy
Nam Prik Noom is a Northern Thai dip that's smoky, spicy, packed with garlic, and simple to make. Made with roasted green chilies, shallots, and garlic, it's served as a dip with Thai beef jerky.
|Choice of Proteins
|Thai Beef Jerky
||Dried beef flank steak
||Instant Green Chili (Prik Num)
- Wash and slice cucumber into whatever size and shape you desire.
- Wash and dry the swiss chard and remove the stems from the leaves. Stack the leaves on top of each other, roll them like a cigar. Cut the cigar into thin (1/8-inch) ribbons. Repeat until all the leaves are shredded.
- Cook the beef jerky:
- Place the dried beef strips on a microwavable bacon rack. Cover the meat with paper towel.
- Set the microwave to high power and cook the meat for 2 ½ minutes.
- Turn the strips over using tongs and cook them for another 1 ½ minutes.
- Turn the strips one more time and cook them for another 1/ ½ minutes or more, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Make the Green Chili Dip:
Follow the instructions, add warm water to the chili powder in a serving bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Serve with the sliced cucumber and swiss chard.