Spicy Level: Mild to Spicy
Yum Ma Muang (in Thai) or Green Mango Salad is refreshing, tart, tangy, salty and spicy with the crunchiness of cashew nuts and freshness of mint.
|Choice of Protein
||1/4 cup, chopped
- Rinse Fresh Mango and Shredded Mango.
- Fresh chili sliced
- Scallion sliced ,inclouding green stem
- Juice of lime
- Peel and sliced shallots.
- Fresh Avocado washed and slice down the center lengthwise around the seed. two halves apart.Remove the seed by slipping a spoon between the seed and fruit, slice the avocado in half or cut into wedge.Grasp the outer dark layer or skin and pull it away from the inner green flesh of the fruit. then sliced
- To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper). Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
- Boil water with medium pot at high heat,when water rolling boil hard,add shrimps. Cook for 1 -2 minutes or until cooked and Then,using a wire-mesh skimmer,lift it out of water shaking off the excess water, and set aside on plate.
- To a medium bowl, add mango, shallot, avocado, scallions, fresh chili and fresh cilantro. Pour the sauce over the mango salad and gently toss using two spoons Serve immediately,
Do a taste-test--add more fish sauce or soy sauce instead of salt if needed. If you prefer it sweeter, add more sugar (honey works ). If you prefer more spice, add more chili . If too salty or sweet, add more lime juice.