Spicy Level: Spicy
Gaeng Keow Wan (in Thai) or Green Curry is one of the signature Thai dishes that almost everyone loves. Thai green curry was a classic take-me-to-the-temple dish. An immaculate blend of green curry paste combined with coconut cream to create a thick curry that goes extremely well with Thai rice. Thai green curry is hot with a hint of sweetness. Green Curry is served with steamed rice or rice noodles.
|Choice of Proteins
||Fresh long chili
||Green Curry Sauce
- Wash and pick kaffir lime leaves by tearing the center stems from the leaves.
- Wash and remove basil leaves from stem
- Wash and slice fresh long chili thin,lengthwise.
- Wash and cut Purple Eggplant into chunk
- Wash and cut into bite size of Meat (Chicken , Beef)
- To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper).Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
- Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over medium heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown on each side.Remove the tofu from the wok and set them aside on a separate plate lined with the paper towels.
- A pot over medium heat
- Pour the green curry sauce
- Add Meats or Proteins ,stirring to incorperte .When the curry sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to meduim or meduim-low and simmer 5minutes, or until meats is cooked through.Stir occasionally.
- Add purple eggplant ,Fresh long chilis , plus stripe kaffir lime leaf. Simmer until vegetables are cooked to your like
- Serve with Rice on the side.Top each portion with Fresh basil.