Spicy Level: Mild
Pad Khing (in Thai) or Ginger Sauce Stir Fry is a Chinese-influenced dish popular in Thailand and Laos. It contains meat, usually chicken and pork, and different vegetables like mushrooms and peppers. The defining ingredient is sliced ginger ("khing") which gives the dish a very characteristic taste. Other important ingredients in this dish are soy sauce and onion. It is served with rice. This ginger stir-fry is quick and simple to prepare, with a punch of flavor that manages to be both exciting and deeply comforting.
|Choice of Proteins
- Wash ,peel and cut Fresh ginger, cut into match stick-size pieces
- wash,whole stalks of scallion,cut into 1 inch long pieces(use green and light green parts,but discard the white /root part
- Wash and thinly sliced onion (from about 1/2 small onion)
- wash and thinly sliced red pepper (from about 1 small pepper)
- Wash Celery and diagonally cut into 1/4- inch-4 thick sliced
- Wash and cut into bite size of Meat (Chicken)
- To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper). Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
- Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over medium heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown on each side.Remove the tofu from the wok and set them aside on a separate plate lined with the paper towels.
- A wok over high heat until very hot.Add the oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add Meats or Protein in a layer and sear, undisturbed,for about 1 minute. Meat will be lightly browned,but not cooked through.
- Add onions ,bell pepper,ginger,scallions and Ginger sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.or until the Meat(Protein) is cooked through and bell peppers and onions are crisp-tender.
- Serve with Steam Rice on the side