Spicy Level: Mild
Pad Kra Tiem (in Thai) or Garlic stir fry with black pepper being the full title, as you would usually sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top, is one of Thai favorites. It’s so easy, simple and packed with flavor. Delicious with a bowl of hot and steamy rice.
|Choice of Proteins
||1 small head
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets
- Rinse the pea shoots thoroughly in a cold water twice , lightly drain.
- Wash and cut into bite size of Meat (Chicken)
- In a medium bowl add Meat(chicken) and toss with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper).Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
- *Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over medium heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown on each side.Remove the tofu from the wok and set them aside on a separate plate lined with the paper towels.
- Boil water with medium pot at high heat,when water rolling boil,add in cut florets cauliflower. Cook until tender soft then dish out set aside
- Prepare a wok with oil at medium high heat ,Add Cauliflower ,Pea shoot ,Seasoning with a little bit salt cooked until are softened . And place on serving dish.
- A wok over, high heat ,add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add Meats or Proteins and stir-fry until meats is Browned and until cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium-low ,add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce,Stir-fry for another minute and de-glaze the pan with 1-2 tablespoon of water. Because your pan is over high heat,the liquid should cook off very quickly.Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Serve on top with stir-fry Cauliflower and Pea shoots. Topp with fried garlic. Serve with Rice