Spicy Level: Moderate
Pad Med Ma-Muang (in Thai) or Cashew Nut Stir Fry is a well-known street Thai dish. It is crunchy, and salty, and full of caramelized onions and crispy cashews. The aroma of those dry fried chilies, the caramelized onions, and those crispy cashew nuts will have your mouth watering. The mixture of vegetables and dried chilies will give it so much flavor. Have some cooked rice ready to go so you can eat while it’s hot and fresh. This is a simple to make Thai dish, yet the flavors will impress you and your company.
|Choice of Proteins
||Dry Toasted chili peppers
||Cashew nut sauce
- Prepare cashew nut for cooking and set aside.
- wash,whole stalks of scallion,cut into 1 inch long pieces(use green and light green parts,but discard the white /root part.
- Peel ,Wash and thinly sliced onion (from about 1/2 small onion).
- Peel stalks and Wash Celery and diagonally cut into 1/4- inche-4 thick sliced
- cut half of Dry toast chili pepper
- Meat(Protein) wash and cut into bite size pieces .(Chicken)
- To peel raw shrimp,pull off the head and legs and leave the last tail. De-vein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine (To butterfly,make the slit deeper).Lift out the black vein.And rinse it out under cold running water.
- Tofu cut into diced coarse 1 inch cubes. And heat the oil in a wok over medium heat .Saute the tofu until golden brown. On each side, remove the tofu from the wok and set them aside on a separate plate lined with the paper towels.
- A wok over high heat until very hot.Add the oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add Meats or Protein in a layer and sear, undisturbed,for about 1 minute. Meat will be lightly browned,but not cooked through.Add onions ,bell pepper,scallions.
- Add pineapple,dry toasted chili pepper, Cashew nut and Cashew nut sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.or until the Meat(Protein) is cooked through and bell peppers and onions are crisp-tender.
- Serve with Rice on the side.Top each portion with cashew nuts.