Ingredients (two servings):
- Rice Noodles - 4 bundles
- Brown Hard Tofu - 0.25 lb.
- Chives - 4 stalks
- Bean Sprouts - 0.25 lb.
- Vegetable Oil - 2 oz.
- Shallots - 2 shallots
- Tamarind Sauce - 8 oz.
- Ground Peanuts - 2 oz.
- Ground Chilies - 0.5 oz.
- Sugar - 1 oz.
- Lime - 1 lime
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, add warm water to cover and leave the noodles to soak for about 20 minutes, then drain the water and set aside.
- Heat 2 oz of vegetable oil in a pan or a wok. On medium-high heat, add the rice noodles, then quickly stir using tongs or a spatula.
- Add sliced brown tofu and sliced shallot in the pan and stir well for 2 minutes. When stirring the noodles, try to spread them out. If the noodles look too dry, dip your fingers into a bowl of water and then sprinkle the water on the noodles. Sprinkle water on the noodles as needed. Cook the noodles for 3 - 4 minutes until the noodles are heated through.
- Add tamarind sauce and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and chives (cut into approx. 2” in length), quickly stir and mix them well, then turn off heat.
- Serve on plate. Garnish with chili flakes, bean sprouts, ground peanuts, chives and lime. If desired, squeeze lime juice onto the noodles.